Tuesday, April 25, 2006

25 IV 06, Tuesday

Yeah I'm same-day food reporting

Breakfast:
3 cups of coffee
1 bowl of plain yogurt, with blueberries, sliced banana, and honey drizzled on top
1 tumbler of "some pulp" Tropicana oj

Mid-morning:
1 small coffee, from Crazy Mocha

Lunch:
Sandwich: whole grain bread, whole grain grey poupon mustard, spinach, and tavern ham.
1 orange
I'd never had tavern ham before. It's very tasty. Thank you Whole Foods, for this new experience!

Actually, this leads to an anecdote that when I was at Whole Foods yesterday, buying tavern ham at the prepared food counter, I also ordered some "forbidden tropical rice" for my mother. The lady behind the counter, an older black woman, and I had a brief, somewhat playful (but not flirtatious) conversation about forbidden rice. Charming! She also approved of my purchasing some of the black forest bread pudding.

Snack:
2 slices of tuscan loaf
homemade hummus (drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with some sweet paprika)

Dinner:
defrosted lasagna, made by my mother. My mom is a really really good lasagna cook. Her secret? She follows the recipe on the box, and uses a sauce that contains mushrooms and olives.
another slice of tuscan loaf

Dessert:
The remainder of the black forest bread pudding

Yes, I did use the verb "to drizzle" twice in this posting. I challenge foodfriends to come up with a synonym that is appropriate for olive oil (not necessarily appropriate for honey).

4 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

what is "tavern ham"?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

One may decant, pour, serve, apply, add, include, mix in, spread, spray, splash, lube up, toss on, or use olive oil, last time I checked. It sounds like you drizzled or splashed olive oil. Did you splash? Is that what happened?

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Sorry, I was confused when I wrote that. The answer is "spoodged" or "cummed." I think that you cummed some olive oil onto your food.

8:12 AM  
Blogger MMW said...

Not sure what tavern ham is. Or rather, I'm not sure what makes ham "tavern".

I think dribbled is a good synonym. Maybe. It sounds a bit juvenile, though.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home