Tuesday, April 18, 2006

the march continues, 4/17

breakfast:
matzah pbj - the aforementioned staple of my passover diet.
1 cup oj
1 cup coffee +skim +sugar (we're out of splenda)

lunch:
Europa Cafe
i've had nothing but mixed results from this purveyor of made-to-order salads and yet I keep going back, like some kind of chump. here is a breakdown of what I ordered versus what I received and reluctantly consumed.

ordered: 1 large spinach salad with chicken, feta, almonds, avocado, diced tomato, and lemon-herb vinaigrette

received and reluctantly consumed: 1 small (?!) romaine salad with tandoori chicken (?!), feta, almonds, VERY LITTLE avocado, gross really big chunks of tomato, and lemon-herb vinaigrette

i called to complain and they said they'd give me a free salad. on the one hand i'm happy about this but on the other i'm tired of skulking back into their embrace. do any of the AC foodfriends know of a good salad-to-order place in our area?

dinner:
Zen Palate
like the sephardic jews whose traditions allow them to get away with this without feeling guilty, rice has become the staple of my passover diet.
1 sweet and sour sensation w/brown rice
2 taro spring rolls (i figure if i'm eating rice, a roll wrapped in rice paper is a-ok)
1 tea's jasmine green tea (these are delicious)

later:
hot chocolate
ciao bella vanilla gelato
ciao bella dulce de leche gelato
ciao bella mango sorbet

i ate quite a bit of ice cream.

edit: i just realized that i called both matzah pbj and rice the "staple of my passover diet." let me resolve this apparent contradiction: there are two staples of my passover diet.

1 Comments:

Blogger MMW said...

I like the image of Dubs skulking back into the arms of a made-to-order salad place.

Not sure if NYC is sophisticated enough for this, but Sebastian's in Boston has just wonderful made-to-order salads.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home