Monday, June 19, 2006

A return to normalcy, 06/18

lunch, La Bottega:
- strapazzate: egg whites scrambled with avocado and tomato
- home fries
- lots of Tabasco
- 2 pieces toast, one with orange marmalade, one with raspberry jam
- lemonade
- some bites of He's pancakes
I believe La Bottega serves breakfast only on Sundays. Everything I ate was delicious. Possibly the best pancakes I've had. Minor celebrity and fellow Regent Place Apartments tenant, James Remar, was also dining here.

dinner:
- parmesan-crusted pork chop
- herb-roasted root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, baby gold potatoes, yams)
Both GDL recipes. I had never cooked pork chops before and found it somewhat difficult, mostly because I don't know what level of pinkness is safe to eat. Therefore I probably took it too far and slightly burned the parm crust.
- Diet Hansen's tangerine lime soda

snack:
- one leftover pancake
- a delicious pluot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home