Monday, June 05, 2006

Sunday was the Fourth of June

Breakfast:
at Pamela's in Shadyside,
corned beef hash with rye toast and 2 eggs overeasy
2.5 cups coffee

Snack ('round 1pm):
1 turkish fig
2 cups coffee
I only got about 5 hours of sleep, and wanted to watch some Veronica Mars without falling asleep. This is not the perfect meal to eat while viewing said show, admittedly. Suggestions, anyone?

Dinner:
2 Stoudts Scarlet Lady Ales (this is an ESB, not a "red" beer)
Homemade pesto over "wheel" pasta (Barilla calls these "Fiore", but I don't recall what De Cecco titles them. I ate De Cecco), peas, and grape tomatoes

Dessert:
2 turkish figs

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

I actually just got a box of Barrila fiore. I think the difference between fiore - flowers - and ruote - wheels - is that the ruote is circular outside while the fiore is more like seven circles in a hexagonal matrix like Honey Combs cereal. The fiore box has suggested that I make them into some kind of salad of pasta. Who knows, box. Who knows what the summer will bring.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home