Sunday, July 16, 2006

July the Fifteenth

Breakfast:
2 slices of cracked wheat toast, with chunky peanut butter and honey
3 cups coffee

Luncheon:
2 coffee mugs full of Adobo Black Bean soup
1 ham and spinach sandwich on cracked wheat bread, with whole grain mustard

Dinner:
1 Wolaver's IPA, while reading Lifeboat: A History of Courage, Craveness, and Survival at Sea, by that mage of Sever Hall, John Stilgoe.

This reading/drinking was punctuated by my occasionally checking up on the chickpeas I was simmering (having soaked them all day, obvs). When these were done I made some hummus.
The recipe that I have for hummus suggests "shelling" the chickpeas after you cook them, but the incredible tedium of that labor is always too much for me, so I just plop the whole lot into the blender. Add some of the reserved cooking liquid, juice from 1.5 lemons, 2 cloves garlic, and .5cup of tahini, and you're ready to blend.

Once finished, I began eating hummus, garnished with sweet paprika and olive oil, with some tuscan bread. Delish!

I was pretty full after this whole business, and watched some Antiques Roadshow: Tampa. Why is Mark L. Walberg the host of that show?

But I soon decided that I ought to eat a real dinner, so made lemon broccoli pasta, and ate that with some white wine.

Later, at Harris Grille:
1 16oz Arrogant Bastard
1 16oz. Bell's Oberon
1 16oz. Miller Lite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home