Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Nineteenth of July, or #949

Breakfast:
Raisin bran with blueberries and skim milk
2.5 cups coffee

Lunch:
Indian food from Sree's:
Tamarind Chicken
chickpea and potato curry
rice
1 not-hot-enough samosa that was pretty doughy
Upon returning to work, a friend of mine asked me where I went to get lunch. When I said Indian, he said, "Oh, at Shree's." This reminded me that I heard from a fairly reliable source that sibilants in Indian languages are pronounced "sh". I'm not sure if this guy knew this and pronounced it correctly on purpose, or just felicitously mispronounced it correctly.

Din-din:
half a bag of spicy Thai kettle chips while watching Liza with a Z. I have to say, both were fantastic.

leftover daal and rice from 17 VII

at Harris Grille:
1 IPA, the name of which I forget
1 Doghead 60 Min IPA
1 yuengling

1 Comments:

Blogger v.DANGER said...

I don't know if it is a universal rule, but my family would pronounce that word as "shree."

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home