Saturday, December 16, 2006

TV Chef Report

I went to Vegas from Monday to Wednesday and I ate at a couple of restaurants owned by TV chefs.

Here is what I ate:

At Craftsteak (Top Chef's Tom Colicchio)

Arugula salad
Lobster bisque
Braised beef short ribs
Roasted chicken
Roasted garlic potatoes au gratin
Petit fours (chocolate brownie, gingerbread, white chocolate peppermint fudge)
Caramel ice cream
Chocolate souffle

This was accompanied by a relatively inexpensive bottle of rose.

At Mesa Grill (Food Network's Bobby Flay)

Blue corn pancake with barbecued duck and habaƱero chile sauce
Smoked chicken and black bean quesadilla with avocado and toasted garlic creme fraiche
Yucatan-style grilled chicken tacos with cilantro and mint
Roasted pork tenderloin sandwich

Between the two, I preferred Craftsteak.

2 Comments:

Blogger she-hubbs said...

Earlier this month I went to Bar Americain and had the same corn cake with barbequed duck, cioppino, and apple tart. I also would have preferred a Tom Colicchio meal.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Junior said...

The duck was flavored too strongly. I tasted something like hoisin, I think?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home