Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend In Review 2, 5.20.06 -- Saturday

"Banana bread" instant oatmeal -- I guess the lesson is that banana flavorings are just not very good in instant oatmeals.

Gatorade Rain, tangerine flavor

Chardonnay
Asparagus -- I took Mark Bittman's recent advice in the Times and peeled my thick asparagus below the floret before cooking (I sauteed w/ garlic, shallots, and some lemon zest at the end). I was pretty glad I did, they came out well and looked really nice.
Penne
Chicken Parmesan -- I didn't make my own sauce. I used Paesano pomodoro marsala, which is a little pricier than most bottled sauces, but I really like it because it has the sweet marsala wine flavor in it.

30 Rockefeller Center
Miller High Lifes
Budweisers
Cocktail hotdogs
1 bitesize brownie
1 bitesize blondie (I think)
1 bocconcini

The Cutting Room
Guinness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home