Friday, July 07, 2006

7.4.06-7.6.06

Here is what I ate the last few days:

7.4.06

Lunch:
Dallas BBQ
Beef brisket sandwich -- This had so much rice on the plate that I spilled a bunch on the table.
Texas sized Sparkler -- This drink has 1 layer of strawberry daiquiri, 1 layer pina colada, 1 layer blue curacao, and a test tube of alizea stuck in the middle (representing American red, white, blue, and alizea). This was pretty much how I celebrated the 4th.

Later:
Dinneen's BBQ
2 yuenglings
I neglected to eat dinner.

7.5.06

Lunch:
Oxford Cafe
2 cheese slices + diet coke

Dinner:
Caracas Arepa Bar
1 corn and bean salad -- This was good with a refreshing citrus dressing, but too much bean and not enough corn for this guy.
1 chicken and avocado arepa -- An arepa is a corn dough pocket with a filling of your choice, pretty great.

7.6.06

Lunch:
Our Place Shanghai Tea Garden
Lunch special: Chicken Lo Mein + Steamed dumpling

Dinner:
Baguette with taleggio
Crostini of toasted baguette with melted fresh mozzarella and evoo -- That's a crostini, right?
Arugula, cherry tomato, avocado salad, shallot dressing
Black mission fig

2 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

when in New York I remember being told (by Eben, I believe) that Dallas BBQ was terrible, a place you went to only when in Koh's clutches, where meat was sheened by a sauce so sugary it was essentially a candy coating. Was I misinformed?

7:27 PM  
Blogger mdp said...

No, you were not, it is awful. I was walking around with KSWH, MonPad, and Roommate John for a very long time in the heat trying to decide what would be an appropriate thing to eat for lunch on a hot holiday. Caracas was closed (though I went the next day), and for some reason Dallas BBQ seemed like the only restaurant in the East Village right then. KSWH ate hot chicken soup while MonPad had a veggie burger (sorry to sell you guys out). I'd like to try Daisy May BBQ sometime.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home