Thursday, May 11, 2006

5.10.06

Key lime yogurt
Baby carrots
Chocolate fudge snack pack

Fuji apple

Yankee Stadium
2 Hot dogs
2 Budweiser
A bunch of peanuts

This was a food disaster. First of all, Yankee Stadium is sort of terrible. This was my first time there and it was great to go, so much history etc. etc., but it is no Fenway park, at least not where I was sitting (upper deck). In my section alone, at least 8-10 people were kicked out of the game due to at least 2-3 separate incidences (one of these occurred when one fight broke out, the police ejected some people from the game but declined to eject one guy from the game who was minding his own business, but for some reason the crowd wanted the police to eject this guy too, so when they didn't, some guy threw his beer in the air so it would hit the cops). I have spent many games in the bleachers at Fenway which also get pretty crazy, but unlike at Fenway, the fans in my section in Yankee Stadium seemed to have no interest in cheering for or watching the game and only cared about fighting and booing each other (they tend to do a hot-or-not style booing system when fans are shown on the jumbotron). Mostly, you hear a lot of "the Red Sox like dick," "Schilling likes dick," and "Boston is a homo." Oh, also, if you are waiting in line for a really long time for food, the guy in front of you will yell, "I like my sausage hot, baby" and then giggle and duck his head down so that the elderly black woman he just sexually harassed can't ID him.

This brings me to my food disaster. The concessions at Yankee Stadium are awful, so I decided to get a sausage. I didn't realize that I would have to wait in line for well over an inning to get to the front. What happens during this time, as the workers take 6-7 minutes per customer to carry a sausage and pretzel from one counter to another and then receive money with their hands, is that you keep thinking the line will speed up and that you've already waited so long, you can't go back empty handed. Well, they took care of that for me because when I got to second in line, they told us that they were out of sausages and beer and it would take at least 20 minutes (by their method of describing time) to get more. I ended up with 2 hot dogs for $10. Bud light costs $7.75 and Heineken costs $9.75. I probably wouldn't be so negative about all of this if the Red Sox had won.


Blue and Gold
1 Jim and coke
2 Guinness

4 Comments:

Blogger Zachary said...

That is a lot of money for beer. A good trick would be to bet someone 10 dollars that you can't drink all of their beer in 2 minutes. That way you get to drink all of their beer, plus beer money. You could also use the 10 dollars for something else -- at that point it is your money and no longer part of the trick. Anyway, make sure that the person isn't too gross.

8:22 AM  
Blogger SC said...

yeah, that place is stinkers. I'm told Shea Stadium can be pleasant on a summer afternoon.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I can drink a pint of Guinness in under fifteen seconds.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I weirdly read this yesterday off of Curbed and debated posting it on del.icio.us before deciding that it was boring and I would not want to read it again. However, the consensus is that to eat well within Yankee Stadium is impossible, and they just recommend restaurants around the Bronx.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home