Monday, May 29, 2006

2006 May 28

Orange juice
Woongjin Morning Rice
Two slices Marmite toast
Home fries

Corn chips and guacamole
Bacon sandwich
Orange juice
Two vodkas and soda

Cloister Cafe - Gin & tonic

Corn chips and guacamole
Artichoke tortelloni with parmesan and garlic, oil, pepper and basil sauce
Orange juice

Hanger - Four Pabst Blue Ribbon

Zum Schneider - Jever with "lemonade"

Little Branch
Gin and tonic
Campari and soda

I found comfort seeing another patron at Hanger share my frustrations that his companions declined to dance to the Violent Femmes' "Add It Up." I also discovered the awful secret truth behind Zum Schneider's radleren and russen (?) - for lemonade, they use Sierra Mist. With no disrespect to FoodFriend Murbles's fondness for this soda, I cannot in good conscience call it lemonade. Please advise Lorelei to be grateful for my increased patronage in the future. Still, this is only a small hurt that Zum Schneider has done me, and I do not believe that it should be closed in punishment. My refrigerator has indeed stopped working again. I do not think that I can reasonably shut my fridge down every two weeks to defrost it. So I guess to elaborate on my kitchen wish list mentioned recently, I would like a refrigerator. Maybe even more than I would like a wooden cutting board.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

The cool kids go to the Elizabeth, New Jersey Ikea. Re: Target, there's one, I think, in Brooklyn. You may just have to stockpile boxes every couple of weeks.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Upon review of this entry, I realize that I have made an error in chronology - I had my first drink at the Cloister Cafe that afternoon, and two vodkas while preparing and eating dinner.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home