Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Greetings From the Corporate Lounge @ The Intercontinental

Hi Friends, me here, blogging live in Budapest!

Just a quick note and then I will get off and give this computer back to the guy who is currently dealing with a lawsuit (he is now on the phone dealing with some ants or something).

I just got back from the flat of some people I am told are related to me. Supposedly they are second or third or fourth or fifth cousins. I am guessing that a blood test would reveal no more genetic similarities between these people and me than between me and the general populace. Anyway, they served some homemade cake which was chocolate cake baked in pie dough. My brother and I ate this while some people spoke loudly at each other in Hungarian, a language for crazy people. Keep in mind that the room we were in had over a dozen rugs in it (some were on the walls).

Well, that's about it for now. In general, the Swiss and Austrians love their meat ground up and shoved in some intestines and they like their beef young and pink (veal-y). On the plane ride to Zurich I had chicken marsala, rice, carrots, green beans and a brownie all while watching "Last Holiday" -- a movie about Queen Latifah being a chef. Full synopsis to come. For now, a man with a sweater over his shoulders really wants to use this computer.

"Good bye" from Budapest (I don't know how to say this in Hungarian).

2 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

You should write a sort of food-based "Everything Is Illuminated" about your experience.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Zachary said...

You should write the scene from National Lampoon's European Vacation about your experience staying with people who aren't your relatives but who you think are your relatives.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home