Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I've done it.

Friends,

I believe I have found the best sushi restaurant in New York City.

Sushi Seki (62nd and 1st)

If you are into places like Nozawa and Sasabune in LA, this is as close as you're going to get as far as I can tell. I've been to Nobu, I've been to Morimoto, I've been to Blue Ribbon, but as far as straight up sushi goes, this place is by far the best. You can order a la carte, but I recommend getting the $50 omakase and adding on if you're still hungry. Like those good LA places, stuff is brought 2-3 pieces at a time, and everything has its own garnish/marinade (the use of soy sauce is discouraged).

Highlights include: yellowtail with jalapeno, fried oyster roll, chopped spicy toro with radish, spicy scallop hand roll, and perhaps the best piece of toro I've ever had in my life.

Another awesome thing about this place is that it is open until 3am. From what I've been told, it is because flights from Japan tend to get into NYC around midnight, so the place stays open for all of the business travelers, which is pretty rad.

My point is, any time anyone wants to go, I will go with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Junior said...

Next time I'm in New York I will go with you.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home