Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekend in Review, 3.24-6.06

Here it comes:

Friday

Peaches and Cream instant oatmeal
Naval Orange

Conde Lunch @ The New Yorker

Grilled chicken with mustard vinaigrette
Vegetable lo mein
Cauliflower with sweet chili sauce
Braised fennel
Glazed winter squash
2 chocolate chip cookies

Ouest
2 glasses chardonnay
Campanelle with braised veal and ricotta salata -- Tasty, but not nearly as good as the very similar dish I had this restaurant a few weeks ago. Similar ingredients but put together slightly differently to better effect.
Pan-roasted sturgeon with seasonal mushrooms and truffled carnoli rice -- This was great. The fish itself was pretty unexciting, but some watercress on top managed to pull the whole dish together.
Apple crisp
Earl Grey
I've been to this place on the Upper West Side a few times now and I really like it. Not ultra fancy or refined food, but really good, hearty meals. A very good, nice neighborhood place.

2 glasses unidentified red wine
2 glasses some German beer, name forgotten. Tasted like a pilsner.
Some Jim Beam and cokes

Saturday

Ramen with chicken flavor
Iced tea
Can of coconut juice -- This was a big disappointment. I was hoping for something sort of milky and what I got was coconut water with weird, mucousy chunks of coconut.

Fake Orchid
Thai iced tea
Corn fritters with two sauces
Sticky rice plate with grilled beef -- This wasn't quite as good as I remembered it when WLG had it, but it was still great. I really love this Thai place.

1 Guinness

1 Negra modelo
1.5 Glasses of Lagavulin 16 year malt (thanks CKJ)
1.5 Slices plain sicilian per Vinny Vincenz

1 Boddingtons
1 Pabst (won in pool bet)
Some Blue & Gold brew

EDIT: I also had a glass of water back at 11th street with Jack and Zachkay. I then proceeded to start to fall asleep and just pour out the entire glass of water on my lap, the couch, and my cellphone. I pulled a WLG.

Sunday

Cafe Pick Me Up
Toasted bagel with butter
Iced Tea

Gatorade, orange

Chicken cutlets with lemon and apple sauce
Green beans, olive oil, sesame
Egg noodles, parsley and butter -- Unfortunately bland
Chocolate milk

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

It sounds like you had a lot of braised foods on Friday - what a "braisin'" food move!

Heh heh heh.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Re: your edit, I sort of remember that! It also reminds me of the fact that on Friday night, at one point, while slapping Harvey for asking me to lower my voice, I knocked a cocktail onto your friend Caitlin. And someone else. Weekend for champions!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home