Sunday, March 26, 2006

SC's big Saturday - March 25

Singapore's Banana Leaf at Farmer's Market:
Paratha (Indonesian pancakes with peanut? dipping sauce)
Lamb curry with rice.
The paratha was excellent but the lamb curry was a little tough and nasty.
A slice of lemon. FoodAssociate Sue recommended this as a palate cleanser, and it was refreshing.
Iced tea.

Dinner, downtown:
Part of a stuffed pepper at Ciudad
Mojito
Felipe's beef dip sandwich with Swiss cheese and mustard
Chocolate cream pie - the same mass-produced pie they served at HUDS!
1 Miller Genuine Draft
1 whiskey sour at Cole's.

Karaoke:
1 vodka, club soda, and lime juice
1 of Jones' exquisite raspberry mojitos. This was the better of the two mojitos I had during this evening. No FR nor FA tops Jones as an enthusiastic and skillful bartender.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

It is good news about the pie, and a humorous coincidence. I'm assuming that they're not really any different from Sara Lee, but did you happen to get the source on that pie?

7:53 AM  
Blogger SC said...

Actually, I don't think it is Sara Lee, because I bought one of those at the store once, hoping against hope, and it was terrible. I think they might all come from some central pie distributor in the depopulated Great Plains.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I know HUDS did some if not all of their mass-production business with Sysco, who are basically the biggest food service distributors in the country, I think. I feel like there must be some company that is just reselling Sysco products with a fake corporate identity in front of it.

10:02 AM  
Blogger SC said...

Jack, road trip to find the Sysco pie center?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I think it's based in Texas, but God knows how many regional factories support it.

Actually, I bet Wikipedia knows, too...

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Sysco map - kind of fun.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home