Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Quiznos Tasting Menu

Foodfriends & Hunger enemies:

In line with Conrad's Burgers of the NYC crawl, I am embarking on a mission to eat every sandwich on the Quiznos menu. Out of line with Conrad's Burgers of the NYC crawl, I actually intend on doing this.

The freely available phamplets at Quiznos list 26 distinct sandwiches for the public's tasting pleasure. A quick glance at the in-store menu indicates that my Quiznos of Choice (henceforth QoC) carries a few more sandwiches, though I have not yet done the work of checking the in-store menu against the pamphlet to indentify gaps. (This is the sort of thing that will be taken care of by my soon-to-arrive intern.)

My thoughts on all of these sandwiches will likely be published in late 2007 by Taschen in my upcoming book, What the Fuck is that...Oh, It's a Sandwich.

So far I have had six of the sandwiches. My thoughts are as follows:

Classic Italian - Very good but I think this sandwich is better without being toasted. It didn't live up to my memories of delicious east coast Italian hoagies.
Deli Tuna - Good. The addition of a slice of cheese may have been nice.
Meatball - Fine. Chain sandwich shops just can't seem to make well textured meatballs.
Black Angus Steak on Rosemary Parmesean Bread - Worst sandwich I've had so far. The sweetness of the honey bourbon mustard ruined what could have been a fine savory sandwich.
Turkey Bacon Guacamole - Delectable.
Cabo Chicken - I remember this beeing pretty good. It may have tasted even better than that, but I was pretty hungover on this day.

I will keep you all posted as I continue this mission.

Just as a general Quiznos note: Some Foodfriends may have noticed that Quiznos occassionally puts up an "All Subs Currently $1 Off" sign. It will help keep your purses heavy to know that the workers at Quiznos are told not to give you the discount unless you explicitly ask for it during checkout.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Oooh, shit, Conrad, he said you won't eat the burgers! Snap! He said you probably have a list of the food you ate in Japan and just refuse to share your recollections of these with us!

Oh, what's that, Conrad? Oh, shit, v.! He said, "v. probably eats two sandwiches at once because he's so hungry!"

Oooooh dip!

1:52 PM  
Blogger SC said...

The real question, as far as this reader is concerned V., is how does the Q compare to Subway? Which would you choose in a ceribus paribus situation where the quality of sandwich itself was the only variable?

Also, how are you controlling for bread?

2:40 PM  
Blogger SC said...

wow that is embarrassing for an old latin fellow such as myself.

I had a Quizno's Italian at Phoenix Skyharbor two weeks ago. Pretty good.

6:50 PM  
Blogger SC said...

wait, another mistake - it was actually Atlanta Hartfield airport. I'm losing it.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I would note that (a) let's get Warbs to guest, and (b) if Cerebus were given the option to buy subs from chains, he would probably favor the discount Subway subs, although the man would probably go with the even more cost-effective raw potato meal. I'm just saying.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home