Wednesday, June 21, 2006

2006 June 20

I forewent breakfast under threat of a possible early meeting at my office which did not materialize. Thankfully, the writing staff made available to me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a cup of milk.

For lunch, I conducted some confused wandering around thinking I might go somewhere interesting before giving up and going to Smiler for a BLT with cheese and an Arizona Green Tea Energy Drink and also, forgetting about the availability of Peanut Butters and Jelly, a slice of pepperoni pizza. Not too long after finishing lunch, I had half of an oatmeal raisin cookie, I believe from Pozzo Pastry.

After a brisk and at times sweaty walk home and a few minor chores, I decided to make dinner. A deficit of recent sleep and ongoing refrigerator woes constrained available ingredients, my willingness to buy new ones, and my store of general energy and enthusiasm. As such, I decided on a menu of an everything bagel with Olivio and its constant dinnertime companion some jasmine rice most of which is probably still sitting in the rice cooker pot. This was served with some grape soda consumed directly from the bottle without the dull mediation of a cup.

2 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

let's say you need a new refrigerator - is that the landlord's responsibility? I never understood who's in charge on that.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Unclear. I'm going to check the seals and shit and see if that brings an improvement to my fortunes.

I did already call Armando, our superintendent, which went, as all of my calls to Armando go: ten minutes of me telling him what the problem is in increasingly simplified and loud English, some misunderstanding on his part of why I respond to his insistence that I live in 6D by screaming "6C! As in "cat"!" Which I admit would be scary if you didn't understand what the cat had to do with it. Then, finally, he promises to come, and then humorously does not.

I would point to the hole in our living room ceiling where a light might otherwise be as an example of the loving care Armando is lavishing on our refrigerator.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home