Thursday, July 13, 2006

7.12.06 - Grandma Dinner

Lunch:
Oxford Cafe
Pizza Deal

Dinner:
Ouest
1 glass Pinot Noir
Cold asparagus soup with creme fraiche, caviar, fingerling potatoes -- This was awesome. Plus I got to feel pretty great eating some caviar.
Squab with duck liver risotto, crispy artichokes, parmesan
Bites of grandma's steak -- It was very comical to see my grandmother (think Dr. Ruth but skinnier) sitting in front of one of the biggest steaks I have ever seen. Not to ruin the surprise, but I am going to eat the rest of this steak for lunch.
Pound cake bread pudding, caramelized bananas, coconut ice cream

Dinner was great, with the exception of desert which was pretty mediocre.

2 Comments:

Blogger mdp said...

The risotto was, in fact, made with duck liver, not dick liver as I originially wrote. Is dick liver more or less appealing than plain ole dick?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

For the sake of permanence:

[archived image]

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home