Thursday, December 21, 2006

I just made the most delicious tuna melt

I don't know what happened, but it was the most delicious sandwich I've ever made. Here's how I made it:

Tuna salad:
1/2 can of tuna
low-fat mayo
salt & garlic pepper to taste

Pan grilled mushrooms:
A few cremini cooked in a skillet with a little sherry & broth (~ tablespoon each), sprinkled with a little salt

Thinly sliced lowfat mozzarella (don't worry, this stuff melts really well)

2 slices tomato

2 slices rosemary ciabatta (you can get this at TJs)

I heated a skillet, sprayed with cooking spray. Then layered all the ingredients on the ciabatta (you need to concentrate all the filling in the very center so that when you press down on the sandwich the filling doesn't all fall out).

After the skillet was hot, I put the sandwich in and pressed down with another pot for about 1-2 minutes. Then I flipped it and did the same on the other side. The bread was browned really well--very dark.

Some of you will be skeptical of the lowfat ingredients, but I guarantee you, this sandwich tastes like it's really bad for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home