Thursday, March 23, 2006

3.22.06

Bananas and Cream instant oatmeal -- I had never had this flavor before and I was disappointed, I will stick to strawberries and cream or blueberries and cream thank you very much.

Menchanko Tei
"Menchanko" noodle bowl -- Ramen noodles in soy broth with tofu, fried bean curd, chicken, salmon balls, rice cake, shrimp, scallion greens, and stewed cabbage (or at least some kind of stewed leafy green). I have not been to Japan, but I will nonetheless claim that this was very authentic and delicious. The house-made Ramen were cooked perfectly.

Blue Hill
2 glasses Rioja
Winter fruit and vegetable salad
Lamb with chickpeas and braised lettuces -- The braised lettuces (I think that is what they called them) were really delicious little greens that were different than greens I had had before, not your typical lettuce.
Chocolate bread pudding with salted caramel ice cream
Early Grey
Rival FoodReporter David Wain was at this restaurant eating with his parents. I couldn't see what they ate, but they did have a conversation about what a wonderful and thoughtful airline JetBlue is.

Blue and Gold
2 Jim Beam and coke
Some Blue & Gold Lager
1 Sip of Compari & Soda

9 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Salted caramel?!?

Anyways, you wanna know what I bet David Wain was eating? Probably poop!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

"One poop sandwich for me and my dorky family, please!" - David Wain, March 22, 2006.

8:26 AM  
Blogger mdp said...

That reminds me that I did hear him tell the waiter that his appetizer was going to make him not hungry for his main course. It was something like "there is too much poop in this poop sandwich and now I will be unable to eat the second larger poop sandwich I was so looking forward to." Did I mention that his parents are old!?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

"Mooooooooooooom... I can cut my poop sandwich myself!" - David Wain, unknown circumstances, observed speaking to himself in Bryant Square Park, New York City, March 8, 2006.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Interested readers may/will find this link instructive.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

"That coprophagous ninnywit cannot take his poop sandwich out of mouth long enough to direct a traffic light." - Louis Malle on David Wain, October 18, 1994

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Here's David Wain's food blog, total insurance, just in case someone's not already reading it, awesome.

8:54 AM  
Blogger SC said...

FoodReporters, let's try to always ID the restaurants we eat at. So I know where to get decent, Wain-approved poop stews.

10:27 AM  
Blogger mdp said...

You are right SC, sorry, I've edited accordingly.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home