Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patricks

Breakfast at Tom Bergin's
Four Irish coffees
One pint Guinness
One Jameson on ice
Two scrambled eggs
2 strips bacon
Some breakfast potatoes
2 small slices, watermelon

Lunch:
A few bites of fried chicken from Cynthia's (I like it generally but wasn't feeling tiptop)
Mashed potatoes

Molly Malone's
4 pints Guinness
2 Jamesons

At cocktail reception at my home:
Here, readers, accurate accounting becomes impossible, but this is a reasonable guesstimate

2 slices pepperoni pizza from Damiano's Mr. Pizza - by far the best delivery pizza in my region, but monsterously expensive
6 shots, Leprechaun Jizz (creme de cacoa, Smirnoff vodka, creme de menthe)
Several portions, various white wines
1 Bud light
2 large glasses, Jameson on ice
Some coffee tequila
1/2 Irish carbomb I was challenged to drink this by the giantess who's in Nelson's ladyfriend's musical trio. She downed hers in under 10 seconds and then looked at me with disgust as I struggled
1 glass water
1 Home browns hash brown (I recommend cooking with a pinch of salt and pepper)
2 slices Papa John's cheese pizza
Some Irish soda bread Strach made - delicious!
Some stout cake Strach made - the peaty taste of the Scotch frosting detracted from an otherwise delicious baked good. But all praise is due to Strach whose baking and general enthusiasm were highlights of the day. Another highlight was all the drinkiing and fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

No, but I must say, it is quite a nice touch, as it detracts somewhat from the salty, starchy taste left in the mouth. This service is, in my experience, in Ireland traditionally rendered by the tomato.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home