Friday, March 17, 2006

TV tie-in

I got around to watching the two episodes of Top Chef I had tivoed. Watchable, but not as good as Project Runway. I will probably continue to follow it though. One thing is that it seems pretty clear who the good chefs are and who the shitty chefs are. Also, the people in it are pretty lame over all. Thoughts?

A related question (which I'm pretty sure we haven't discussed officially yet), what food/cooking shows do you watch? As I've suggested a few times, I watch Good Eats and Fast Food My Way with Jacques Pepin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

I watch a little bit but not too much Unwrapped and Good Eats. I've been thinking to watch more with all the dizzy excitement accompanying What I Ate. I DVRed but have only watched the first 15 minutes of Emeril's Chefography. I also obvs. used to watch a fair amount of Iron Chef - has anyone not? That show is great! Cooking shows def. have some hypnotic power, but are there any that are moreso instructive to the amateur cook? Or instructive at all, since cooking shows tend to give broad rather than specific lessons, like, it's moreso, oh, wow, I guess you can cook a duck in a saucepan, somehow, than it is, oh, wow, now I know how to cook anything at all.

8:11 AM  
Blogger SC said...

I like $40 A Day.

1:45 PM  
Blogger mdp said...

Jack -- I really recommend trying Jacques Pepin's show on pbs. Not only do you get to feel like you are hanging out with someone who is really cultures and has a French accent, but a reasonably high percentage of the things he makes are you simple and you will be able to make. I have tried a couple, and been satisfied each time.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home