Thursday, April 06, 2006

4.5.06

Nabisco chips ahoy! thin crisps -- Until now, I've never stopped to consider that the brand Chips Ahoy! is appealing to our love of either pirate cookies or some other kind of maritime sweet.

Vanilla yogurt
Baby carrots
Chocolate FUDGE snack pack -- Pretty much indistinguishable from plain ole chocolate. More fudgy?

Orange
Orange (Navals)

Burger Joint @ the Parker Meridien

Sam Adams
French fries
Burger with the works (lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, ketchup, mustard, but no pickles) -- I like pickles, but for whatever reason do not want you to put them on my burger.
Some brownie, shared with Conrad -- I hope Conrad is not reading this, because I am going to say that I think he has a small problem with food and impulse control. I admit that I am something of an enabler.

The burger at Burger Joint was very good. This place kind of goes for the classic 1950s American hamburger ideal, like you might see people eating at hangout in Grease or something. Burger was cooked well and was messy but held together, I like that. I have to say that the conceit of the place -- a divey burger bar behind a big fancy curtain in a hotel lobby with marble floors and high ceilings -- is a little forced. I think that Shake Shack's burger gets a slight edge on this one, it is more distinctive, but the fact that the line is manageable and the food takes less than two minutes from order to eating at Burger Joint maybe makes this place a better choice. Also, boston lager and brownie were a surprisingly tasty combination.

Blue & Gold
Stella
Some Blue and Gold
Diet coke -- This was a horrible diet coke.

3 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

MP, great call on Burger Joint. That was a weekly stop for Junior and I in the LCwCD days. Forgiveable mistake not getting a shake. What's your take on the "celebrity" names on the wall?

Also, all NYCFFs should vow not to talk to Conrad until he posts his Japan notes.

10:12 AM  
Blogger mdp said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 AM  
Blogger mdp said...

The place was pretty packed, so I didn't get to take a look at the walls too closely. Conrad claims that one of the voice actors from Kappa Mikey's name was on the wall. I'm not sure if he is a "celebrity?"

Also, they have a nice poster from the move Narc.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home