Monday, April 10, 2006

B-Day Weekend (Not Mine), ZK, 4/7-4/9

Friday
Intern Lunch w/ Mattpod, Xtina, and Intern Julie Yang
Xtina and I agreed that we would have a big lunch and just grab a piece of pizza for dinner, and hence I got a smoked turkey, lettuce, pesto, and ketchup sandwich on a toasted, unidentified, white roll. I did not have a cookie, because the people in the library had a box of sugar cookies with sugar crystal coating, from which I took two cookies before lunch. Also, orange juice, hot chocolate and oyster crackers.

1 and 1/2 slices of cheese pizza from Pizza Gruppo.

2 Bass Ales @ Buttermilk in Brooklyn
Some Stella @ Blue and Gold

Saturday
Toasted Plain Bagel w/ butter and an orange juice at Café Pick Me Up.
Giant chocolate chip cookie from the green bakery/possible meth lab front on 1st and 14th.
Some chicken from a very special soup soaked chicken a la Mattpod.

Xtina and I went to meet one of my friends from camp and her friends at the top-right Indian place with all the lights between 5th and 6th.
1/2 chicken tikka masala. Naan. Papadum. Rice.
It was really crowded and crazy and there were three birthdays, for each of which they turned off the lights and a disco ball descended for a shouting and clapping fest. The nice thing about this place was that it's BYOB, so I had a glass of my friends' wine and I brought a 6-pack of Endurance Pale Ale, which is a beer which features Tom Creon, the man Ernest Shackleton claimed was "The most indestructible man to have ever lived."

1 more Endurance Pale Ale

Sunday
Pancakes, OJ, and chocolate milk. I made the pancakes, and invented a new kind of pancake, the Pancecko, which is a very small pancake.

BBQ @ Schoboats' and Alboats'
Chips and salsa.
1 krispy kreme.
2 grilled hot dog buns.
1/2 kosher steak w/ soy vay marinade.
1/2 piece of birthday cake.
A bunch of bud lites and maybe one red stripe.

1 pabst @ Floyds. I was too full to drink this, but Harvey had bought a bucket of beers so I took it anyway. I think bocce is pretty fun. It's hard to beat people who play every night though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home