Sunday, April 09, 2006

Friday and Saturday

Riddle me this, SC - what did you eat on Friday and Saturday?

FRIDAY saw me starting the day with melted gouda on crusty French bread from Ralph's. I had a Vietnamese coffee with a shot of Jameson.

Question: does microwaving booze descramble it in any negative way? I would like to warm up my Jameson so it doesn't cool down my coffee.

Lunch was sweet corn chowder from the Farm, and one bite of a crab cake which was foul. Or maybe that's just what crab cakes taste like.

For cocktail hour I had a tumbler of Jameson over ice.

It was FoodAssociate jee's birthday, so we went to Lawry's, a gentlemanly place for prime rib. I had the English cut (3 thin slices of prime rib) with creamed corn, 1 piece of buttered bread, salad with house dressing, a bit of mashed potatoes, and a glass of red wine (Honig Cabernet?)

At the Roosevelt Hotel later, I had a gin and tonic and a glass of Scotch (Dewar's?) on ice.

SATURDAY began with a pepperoni, pasta sauce, mozz sandwich which I made on crusty French bread. Delicious, but not something to have before a date, fellows - there was some farting. Vietnamese coffee washed it down, then a tumbler of Jameson over ice. A slice of pepperoni pizza at the Farmer's Market, and two scoops of coffee chip ice cream with chocolate sprinkles from Bennett's.

For dinner I had more of my Bermuda fish chowder ( "Jameson Experiment Continues") and crusty French bread, and half a bottle of Little Penguin chardonnay.

I pledged to myself that at DC's party I would not discuss FoodReporter, because I suspect I'm becoming a bit of a bore on the subject. Nevertheless I was drawn in to talking about it on two occasions. 5 vodka, cranberry, and club sodas were my drinks.

At home I had some Maruchan chicken flavor ramen which a few minutes later I un-ate into the bathroom sink.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marx said...

I'm not sure about whiskey, but I've had a sake manufacturer tell me that microwaving sake does denature it and should be avoided.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home