Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend In Review 1, 4.7.06 -- Friday

Blueberry and cream instant oatmeal

New Yorker Lunch @ Conde Nast

Portabello and mozzarella sandwich on focaccia

Trata

Rose (can you add accents on foodreporter?)

Shared appetizers:
Olives
Scallops grilled on rosemary twig skewer
Greek salad
Softshell crab
Fried Calamari
Pita with 5 dips -- As I remember they included a tzatziki, eggplant, some kind of garlic and chickpea, red pepper and one other

Main:
Grilled arctic char with olive oil, capers, lemon, some rosemary

Shared deserts:
Chocolate cake with ouzo creme anglais
Baklava
Fried dough balls in honey with powdered sugar and blackberries

I went to this place with my uncle and his family. They had head it was authentic Greek food, I can't really comment one way or the other on that. It was all pretty decent. Their specialty is plain charcoal grilled fish, so that is what I got, except that pretty much every fish I wanted was too big for a single portion. So I ended up with arctic char which I like pretty well anyway. Given that it's their specialty and it is plain grilled fish, it probably should have been perfect, it was a bit overcooked.

Corner's Pool Hall
1 Guinness
Some Yuengling

Blue & Gold
Blue & Gold Lager?

House
Spaten Optimator

3 Comments:

Blogger Zachary said...

Pod - Just press option+e and then press e again and it will give you an accent on the e. I still don't know how to get italics or anything. How do you do that?

8:21 AM  
Blogger mdp said...

I publish my reports from my work computer which is a PC, so I think we have some different setups. I have no option button, and when I write my posts the editing window has buttons for bold, italics, and underlining.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

May I offer a brief comment?

HOUSE! HOUSE! HOOOOUSE! HOOOOUSE! HOOOOUSE!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home