Friday, April 07, 2006

6 April 2006

Oh FoodFriends.

BREAKFAST:
Toasted English muffin with peanut butter.
homemade "Vietnamese" coffee - Capresso espresso with a a dollop of sweetened condensed milk. Plus a shot of Jameson.
All the FoodReporting about Nicky's reminded me of my fondness for Vietnamese coffee. I first had this at the American Museum of Natural History, at their exhibit which I believe was entitled "Viet Nam - Land of Exotic Wonder." At local Black Dog Coffee, they refer to this as Cafe Cubano. Is this propoganda to reinforce the old saw that our Communist foes have only condensed milk? Keep reading this post to see if I liked what I'd made!

LUNCH:
Chicken sausage ravioli from Cafe Midi.
Two pieces of terrific Cafe Midi bread.

COCKTAIL HOUR:
Vietnamese coffee with shot of Jameson. Yank had same. Sean Hannity asked Ward Churchill if he has a soul.
1 tumbler, Jameson over ice.

DINNER:
Rotini with leftover sausage sauce. see "SC 3-30."
Big glass of riesling.
Vietnamese coffee with a shot of Jameson.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

SC, it was under just such a circumstance - in fact, the same one - that I discovered the pleasures of Vietnamese style coffee.

12:53 PM  
Blogger SC said...

Try making your Vietnamese coffee Hely style! (with Jameson)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Consider my adventures on the fourth of April. I enjoyed it. How has Jameson week been going? I feel like there have been some ups and some downs along the way.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home