Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It is accomplished

The Jameson experiment draws to a close this morning. I concluded by having a Vietnamese coffee with a shot of Jameson, plus a splash over ice. The results were not dramatic: drinking whiskey in the morning makes me slightly jollier, and makes me not especially interested in my work. I would encourage all FoodFriends to give it a go. Personally, I would favor all workplaces passing a jug around on the hour, as pre-industrial craftsmen were wont to do. See James M. McPherson's fine Battle Cry of Freedom for more on the transition from liquor to caffeine around 1850.

But more importantly, I'd like to see more FoodFriends challenge one another to eating experiments. Let's not forget that the point of this site is to expand knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home