Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Meet and Greet with KSWH

Kim here. I was planning on posting late last night, but my food and drink adventures rendered me pretty lazy/useless. Forgive me for the irresponsible reporting.


Here are my responses to most of the food questions:

When was the last time you ate an entire, full-size candy bar? What kind of candy bar was it?

It was a cold Snickers bar, hastily consumed on the way up to the top of Mt. Fuji for energy. I hope no one saw how fast I ate it!

What is a food you ate all the time as a kid, but which now disgusts you?

String Cheese. Shark Attack gummies. Sugar Smacks. Surge soda.

A quirk of fate leaves you in each of the following cities for long enough to have only one meal. What/where do you eat? Boston, Cambridge, New York, LA.

Boston: Pho Republique. Tuna spring rolls and a scorpion bowl.
Cambridge: Darwin's. Mount Auburn sandwich (Turkey, avocado, swiss cheese, tomato, sprouts) on French bread with a carton of skim milk and cape cod 95% fat free potato chips.
New York: Babbo. Haven't been yet.
LA: Don't really know. Going with what I know, I would eat an In-N-Out burger, animal style fries, and a neopolitan shake.

What is a recent food impulse buy which you regretted? Which you were delighted by?

I regretted splitting a pitcher of beer, corn fritters, and cheese fries with Food Friend Harvey at Roll-N-Roaster the other day (already too full).
I was delighted by the two brownie bites I ate right before going to Roll-n-Roaster with Harvey.

What was the most satisfying meal you ever prepared for yourself and ate while totally drunk?

Chicken basted with Trader Ming’s Bulgogi sauce.

If you had to have one of the FoodFriends design your diet for a week, whom would you select?

MMW.

What are the shows you watch the most on Food Network? What are your thoughts on: Rachael Rae, Alton Brown, Nigella Lawson?

I don’t own a TV right now. But I remember watching (and liking) "Taste" with David Rosengarten when I was in junior high and high school. I sometimes can see elements of myself in Rachel Ray, and for that reason, I dislike her.

What food staple would it be most difficult for you remove from your diet?

Bread.

If I told you that you could only eat one of the following for the rest of your life, but you could always get whatever you chose as fresh and as good as possible, which would you choose? Also, assume that whichever you chose would be seedless.1. Oranges2. Clementines3. Tangerines

Oranges.

Also, do you prefer plastic wrap or aluminum foil?

Aluminum foil.

Name a fruit, meat, soda, and candy you despise.

Fruit: Okra.
Meat: I like all meats. Does sea cucumber count? It's not very good.
Soda: Mountain Dew, Cherry Coke.
Candy: Salt water taffy

I have a teleporter, and can send you anywhere in the world for dinner. Where will you go, what will you have?

I would go to Alan Wong's in Honolulu and have the Opakapaka (white flaky fish) and Chinatown Roast Duck Nachos. Probably some sort of bread pudding for dessert.

Name a food that evokes a strong memory of a particular time and place in your life.

I drank way too much grape juice when I was in the second grade.

What is your relationship to caffeine?

I like it. I usually start my mornings with a Starbucks iced skim latte (tall) with one splenda. I'm trying to wean off it, because it's so expensive. That said, I interrupted answering this questionnaire to go to Starbucks and get another coffee. I also love Diet Coke (in the can, not the bottle).

What is the best burger you've ever had?

Guacamole cheddar cheeseburger from Cheeseburger in Paradise in Waikiki. I ended up getting sick of them, because I would eat them everyday for dinner (and sometimes lunch too). The Shake Shack burger I had with FoodReporter Podolsky two weeks ago was pretty great.

Are there any foods that would receive an f- grade from you?

Raw Okra.

Describe a work of art that inspired or affected your eating.

After reading “The Boxcar Children," I went through a phase where I would eat white bread with milk poured on top for breakfast every morning.

Based on what you've read of the diets of each food reporter, which food reporter would you eat?

I would eat ZJK.

Along the lines of "Salt," "Cod," and "History of the World In Six Glasses," what foodstuff would you most like to read a book about?

I would probably like to read a book about different kinds of burgers.

I am thinking of purchasing this book.

Is there any food you are embarrassed about how much you like it?

Spam.

What was your favorite meal in the Harvard dining halls? How much would you pay to eat this meal tonight? If this meal were available in Staten Island, would you be willing to travel there to eat it?

There are two meals that I really liked in the dining hall. The first was turkey night with stuffing and mashed potatoes. The second was spaghetti and meatball night with a side plate of garlic bread. I would pay $12 for the dinners and I would go to Staten Island to eat them, I guess.




1 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

I read a good review of that book. One of his claims is that Whole Foods is bullshit. If you read the book, please explain.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home