Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend in Review 3, 5.14.06 -- Sunday

Ciao For Now
1 Blueberry muffin
1 Corn muffin -- Don't worry! These were small muffins.

New Dumpling Place on 14th
1 chive and pork dumpling
2 cabbage and something dumplings -- I actually just wanted 2 chive and pork dumplings, but she gave me an extra cabbage and something dumpling for free, and then it turned out that she had accidently given me 1 chive and pork and 2 cabbage and somethings. I wasn't mad though, since she had been nice enough to give me a mini order of dumplings (they are supposed to be in 5s) for $.81. Also, I got these because I watched WLG eat them and it made me want one, but I soon regretted it because it made me too full to get anything at the street fair we walked through where I could have had: grilled corn with jalapeno butter, any kind of fried thing you could think of, or some Dominican things I had never heard of. I guess I really only would have had the corn.

Some mandelbrot -- This is a kind of Jewish cookie that is similar to biscotti and that my grandmother in Detroit sometimes bakes and sends to me. She spells in mandelbrot I think but it is pronounced mandelbright. I don't know, seems weird.

Brooklyn BBQ
Grilled asparagus
Grilled onions
Grilled ribeye w/ chimichurri sauce -- I used the recipe in this month's Gourmet. It was easy: chopped parsley, garlic, shallot, with olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt.
Lamb burger courtesy of Sze-Wan -- This was delicious.
Some Dark and Stormies -- I'm not a fan of ginger beer, but it turns out that I really like these.

Floyd
3 Schmidts -- Floyd's shtick, in addition to Bocce, is to sell buckets of beer with 5 cheep beer cans which include a Pabst, a Schlitz, and 3 you probably haven't heard of. I stuck to the Schmidts because it had a nice panoramic picture of a deer (elk?) on it and because I am pretty sure these all taste the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home