Monday, June 26, 2006

The Sabbath of July 26th

Breakfast - Rita Flora
* Chocolate Croissant
* Cappuccino
This experience was, as always, a delight. The wait staff and I chatted about how forgettable SC is.

Lunch - Cafe M de Chaya
* Tuna Burger
* Kale salad with peanuts
This tuna burger is my new favorite sandwich. Also, they type of lady who eats at a macrobiotic cafe tends to be easy on the eyes (but not easy on the zippers of my pants!) At this meal, I was joined by FoodWierdo JEE. He entered the cafe with me, spent forty-five seconds looking at the menu, then declared it devoid of items suitable for eating.

Snack - Club 331
* Handful of honey-roasted peanuts
* Granny smith apple

Dinner - Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria
* Foccacia with olive tapenade
* Cannelloni Gastronomici - basically manicotti stuffed with veal in a tomato sauce
I recommend this place, located in a strip mall near the Laugh Factory on Sunset to all LA FoodFriends. The food was delicious and thought it wasn't super-cheap, it also wasn't too expensive. (My dinner cost $14.) Also, the portions are big enough to give you lunch the next day.

4 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

I'll back you up on Vivoli. It's adequate.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

v., when you say "the Sabbath of July 26th," do you mean "Sunday, June 25," or do you mean "the day before (eve?) of June 26th"?

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Whoops! I made a solecism while goofing on you! I guess I learned to never be rude to people ever again.

5:01 PM  
Blogger v.DANGER said...

Jack,

That question is for the scholars to debate.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home