Saturday, April 15, 2006

April 14th, 2004

Since Jack and I seem to eat the same foods in almost the same quantities, I thought it might be fun to mix things up a bit and report on a meal I ate two years ago on April 14th. I know the difference between foodreporting and foodfiction, so don't worry -- I actually documented my dinner this day, because I was reviewing restaurants for the Unofficial Guide.

Also, I was hosting a friend from highschool (Ian Hawkins) on this day and, as a result, I have a very clear memory of (most of) the night of April 14th.

Anyway.

Breakfast:
Like most days, I had no breakfast.

Lunch:
I am pretty sure I took Ian to the dining hall. I can't remember what we ate. Though I imagine I had French fries with my meal, as was customary. I probably also had a glass of chocolate milk mixed with skim milk.

Dinner (Bartley's Burger Cottage)
1 Ted Kennedy burger (w/cheddar cheese, mushrooms)
1 order of onion rings
1 chocolate oreo frappe
1/2 raspberry lime rickey

I felt pretty disgusting after dinner that nite. My notes read:
"[Bartley's burgers] always seem to sit in my stomach heavily and unplesantly after ever meal I have there...I guess that this time, it was probably related to my ordering of one of their "super rich frappes" along with the burger meal and finishing everything on my plate."

Do any other food reporters have similar thoughts about the post-meal effects of Bartley's burgers?

Later that night, Ian and I had a lot to drink and he ended up puking in my dorm room while I was at the Lampoon. Sorry, Ian!

3 Comments:

Blogger Zachary said...

I remember when Ian Hawkins came. No comment.

8:54 AM  
Blogger SC said...

Yes, I invariably feel repulsive after Bartleys, but it should be noted I also invariably have a candy-based shake.

4:50 PM  
Blogger KSWH said...

This visit was different from the other time Ian Hawkins came to visit (Thanksgiving), when I barfed on the carpet in the prexy and sort of blamed it on him. Whoops.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home