Thursday, April 13, 2006

Several Days and an Omission

Monday 4/10
Smoked turkey, pesto, ketchup, lettuce, on toasted ciabatta bread. Xtina had a very similar sandwich and added pepper to it, suggesting that I do so as well. In light of my recent affinity for pepper, I think I will try this someday. Chocolate chip cookie. OJ.

5 chicken wings (buffalo wings? Not very buffalo-ey), 2 chicken fingers and 1 Harp lager at the party for Thumb Wrestling Federation. I think the party cost 3 times as much as what WLG and I got paid for writing the show.

Some chicken breast and baguette from Whole Foods. And a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie.

Tuesday 4/11
Grilled chicken, broccoli, white roll, chocolate chip cookie, OJ, oyster crackers, mini-dark-kit-kat. Hot chocolate.

Some chicken breast, haricot greens, and baguette from Whole Foods. OJ.

Wednesday 4/12
Broccoli, one tiny piece of chicken, and a ciabatta roll w/ pesto (I wanted to stock up on bread products before I forego them for the next 8 days.) Chocolate chip cookie, oyster crackers, hot chocolate, chocolate milk.

Many kinds of red wine, I think Hertzog was one of them.
Salad, turkey, gravy and brisket.
Matzoh.
This was a great meal, but I drank too much and someone threw my digital camera at me and it knocked my dixie cup of blush all over me and Conrad. I made the blush by pouring white wine into a dixie cup with some red wine in it.
Also, I kept pouring myself cups of some kind of rancid wine that was in Dubs and Conrad's kitchen and then pouring it in the sink and washing my cup.

3 Pabst at Blue and Gold (this was a mistake).

OMISSION UPDATE
I omitted to write about my dinner on Thursday, 4/6, so here it is:

1 1/2 Bass Ales at Solas, which everyone hates. I saw Schoboats' main squeeze Alice there.

Dinner at 26 Seats, on B between 10th and 11th. I had been thinking of taking Xtina here for a while, but the Menupages reviews were pretty mixed, and Menupages usually puts up mostly favorable reviews, so I was wary, especially when there are so many other restaurants around. The deciding factor was that I was very hungry and a little drunk.

As the name states, there are 26 seats (give or take a few) in the restaurant, so we had to wait a minute and then about 5 tables opened up. The hostess/our waitress tried to seat us at the absolute worst and smallest of these tables and we requested to not be sat at the shit table, which she allowed, but she was very flustered by this.

Then it was time to order, and our waitress told us to order the specials and we said no thank you we will have chicken and salmon and she rolled her eyes at us for being such simple folk. We ordered two glasses of wine and she urged us to order a bottle of wine and we had to insist that we only wanted glasses. It is important to know that she spoke perfect English.

The food was good and the atmosphere is nice and cozy. Our waitress took away my wine glass before I was quite finished in an attempt to make me order more wine. Then when I asked for change while paying for the meal, she rounded down, so that 65 cents became 0 cents. I am not a penny-pincher, but that is pretty rude.

M&Ms during our screening of Netflix' A History of Violence. The M&M's were good, and there was a long, beautiful 69 scene in that movie, which our neighbors heard about considerably.

1 Comments:

Blogger mdp said...

Haricot greens is a delightful little bit of Franglish.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home