Saturday, April 15, 2006

April the fourteenth day

I had a sip of Jack's Sunny D to wash down two advil. Then a Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream and sugar - as amazing as I remembered.

At Island Burgers and Shakes, I had a Honey West churasco sandwich (grilled chicken with ham and honey mustard sauce, lettuce and tomato). Delicious, although a little unwieldy, and I despise an unwieldy sandwich. I had a bite of my friend Rob's blackened chicken, bacon, and horseradish sauce - I should have gotten that. We discussed the fact that it was Good Friday, but lunchmate SP cited the papal dispensation for travelers, so I didn't worry too much. I also had some of Islands' potato chips, and a vanilla milk shake.

At the Whitney I had a bottle of apple juice.

I had a hot dog with ketchup and mustard and some papaya drink at one of those papaya-hot dog emporiums somewhere around 9th and 2nd. This was done out of nostalgia and to fortify myself against the rain.

At JP Wardes I had two Guinness and a wave of mixed memories washed over me like tepid bathwater. Champagne Classic cocktail (champagne, sugar cube, bitters) at Shibeen. Three glasses of house chardonnay, and two slices of sausage and roasted pepper pizza I enjoyed at Lombardi's. Half a slife of meatball pizza received from a neighbor in exchange for some clam pie.

At Botanica, I had three Powers whiskeys over ice. Then to Little Branch, where I had a mint julep and a Tasti-Kake Pound Cake. Back at my old home, I had half a Peroni and some Maruchan chicken ramen.

2 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

also it turns out I went to B&G. I'm guessing I had a Powers on ice.

1:20 PM  
Blogger mdp said...

Confirming the Powers on ice.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home