Thursday, April 13, 2006

4.12.06 -- Passover

Late Morning
Blueberry yogurt -- Associated has stopped carrying my preferred brand, so I had to switch. I can't remember what this one is called, but it was pretty good (fruit on the bottom).
Snack pack

Early Afternoon
Remainder of Dubs and Cailin's turkey sandwich -- Not a huge turked sandwich fan, but this was very tasty
Remainder of Dubs and Cailin's chocolate chip cookie -- I ate other people's leftovers for lunch today.

Seder
Many different kinds of red wine
Haroset -- Grandma made this for me to have at the Seder
Matzo, haroset, horseradish sandwich -- I guess it is maybe an acquired taste, but I love horseradish
Cucumber-dill salad
Chicken soup with matzo ball -- I used shmaltz (rendered chicken fat) for the balls, I am a big fan of this method
Arugula, cherry tomato, avocado salad with balsamic-shallot dressing
Brisket
Turkey
Gravy
Sweet potatoes made by Caitlin
Matzo stuffing a la Dubs
Asparagus with shallots, almond slices, lemon
A jelly candy

The turkey was slightly dry, but pretty decent as turkeys go, and the gravy made up for it. I think the brisket was the biggest success. It was almost a week of work, but I managed to cook for 19 people, and frankly I am proud of it. Dubs' stuffing and Caitlin's sweet potatoes were both great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

The other food was good, but the brisket did stand out. Not to ride Pod's dickandnutsack, but it was nice and soft. I think I might prefer brisket to corned beef by a good margin, am I a race traitor?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home