Thursday, April 06, 2006

Tokyo, Mon Amour Pt. IV

Thursday April 6, 2006

Breakfast
Slice of Texas Toast French Bread with last remnants of Nutella and Peanut Butter

Lunch
Indian Buffet - chicken curry, green peas and cheese curry, vegetable curry (lots of okra), naan, white rice, salad with yogurt dressing, very strange nut-flavored dessert made from either tapioca or potato

Tea Time
16 oz bottle of Royal Milk Tea (I think I need a break from this routine already)

Dinner
Still full from a giant lunch, so I decided to pick up some French Bread.
Then I remembered that my supermarket somehow had Roast Beef, which is basically non-existent in Japan. Then I set out to recreate my favorite sandwich of all time : roast beef on french bread with boursin cheese spread and honey mustard. The supermarket had Boursin (of course!) but I couldn't find honey mustard anywhere. Japan has a lot of crazy import foods around, but the stock is never constant. As a general rule, goods are only on the shelves when you don't need them. This is especially true with cans of refried beans.

Final product: Roast Beef and Boursin Cheese on French Bread with small amount of beef gravy and horseradish
Dessert: Oreos and milk

2 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

Do you ever eat yakitori?

your posts are fun and interesting!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Marx said...

Yakitori is a good "let's drink beer and eat grilled chicken" kind of meal. T.G.I.F. fare, perhaps.

Yakiniku (Korean grilled beef) is similar. Not really a lunch option.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home