Tuesday, June 13, 2006

6/10/06: A Day At The Beach

Yogurt and bran buds

Reel In in Malibu*:
1 Fish Taco
Saltines
A "double" of white wine

Scoops in East Hollywood**:
1 scoop Almond Mocha Cookies
Bites of Amaretto Brownie

Club 331:
1.5 glasses white wine

Robena's House:
Dried Apple
Cherries
A lychee
A bunch of sundried tomato basil wheat thins
2 Bud Lights
3 glasses white wine
1 Bud Light


*Special of the day at Reel In was "Carp of Darkness." The woman who worked there was a heavily made up Creole woman, and had a personal energy and charm I have not seen matched. When I ordered wine she offered me a double, a measurement not used for wine. Then winked at me and told me "I think you're going to like it."

**LA FRs: You must go here. Melrose and Heliotrope. Owned by a man who went to culinary school and decided his favorite day was the day they made ice cream, so he opened this gelateria. He makes it all by himself. Many delicious flavors, plus crazy flavors like "Chili Lime," and "Vanilla Avocado." It's cheap and YOU CAN GET A REFILL ON ICE CREAM for $1. What? Best ice cream/gelato I have had in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home