Monday, July 17, 2006

Long Weekend

Thursday 7.13.06

Lunch:
Leftovers from 7.12.06 dinner

Nicky's Vietnamese Sandwiches
Chicken sandwich

Hanger Bar
Guinnesses

Blue and Gold
Blue and Gold

Friday 7.14.06

Breakfast/lunch:
Bakery on 12th and A
Blueberry scone -- Their scones are softer than most scones and taste distinctly of sour cream and lemon. I think they are pretty good.
Blueberry streusel muffin

Picnic on Dube's Roof
Prosecco -- In addition to prosecco, Jost also brought some kind of fruit infused wine drink called Frutezia. I didn't try it but I think it had peach and nectarine juice. I only mention this to remind everyone that Jost continues to develop this ridiculous party persona.
Cabernet sauvignon
Humboldt fog chevre -- This is not exactly what it is called, but this is the cheese with ash running through it that I mentioned once before. I really like it.
Some kind of sheep's milk cheese from the Whole Foods trial-sized basket
Grilled chicken w/ toasted corn salsa
Mache salad
Rice and beans
Strawberries w/ creme fraiche, brown sugar
Thanks for a great meal, Caitlin.

Sophie's
Guinness?

Blue and Gold
Blue and gold?

Saturday 7.15.06

H & H Bagel
1/2 plain bagel
1/2 sesame bagel
I don't quite understand why everyone thinks these are so special. I'm pretty sure that the Bruegger's where roommate John used to work in Wellesley was more or less as good.

Doc's (Warren, CT)
Some burgundy
Some calamari
Some bruschetta
Some eggplant
Some Mozzarella, tomato, basil
Chicken marsala
Some blueberry desert
This wasn't very good.
Warren, CT Trivia:
(Q) What is apparently newsworthy about Warren, CT? (A) They are selling the town hall on eBay.
Bonus Warren, CT trivia:
(Q) What was the former name of Doc's? (A) Richie's.
Second bonus Warren, CT trivia:
(Q) Why didn't I swim in the lake? (A) It was sort of rainy.


Home:
Old English

Blue and Gold:
Blue and gold

Sunday 7.16.06

Panini Place on 1st
Italian croissant
Side salad + some tapenade

Dinner:
Farfalle w/ fresh corn, peas, gruyere

You, Me, and Dupree
Some handfuls of the Harveys' popcorn

Blue and Gold
Boddingtons
Blue and Gold
I went to Blue and Gold everynight for the past 4 nights. Last night Noah (one of the bar tenders) asked me why he hadn't seen me around much. He then pointed to Zachkay and asked me to call him Zachula. I like that guy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zachary said...

I think it's only appropriate to ask FF and WIAFR murbles if he had perhaps mentioned to Noah about the whole Zackula thing, or if there are two separate instances of people suggesting that I be called Zackula this weekend?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Zachary said...

That's what's only appropriate.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Whoa, Zachkay. Party foul. Not appropriate.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Murbles said...

Maybe you should ask Noah if he reads FunFriends. Did you ever think about that?

3:49 PM  
Blogger mdp said...

A google search for blue and gold does not, as I had thought, bring you to foodreporter.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home