Friday, March 31, 2006

Guest Ingest: Thursday

A boring day:

Corn bread, toasted
1 bowl Trader Joe’s Raisin Bran Clusters, 1% milk
I’m reasonably pleased with my first taste of TJ. If I were to level any complaint, it would be “too clustery.”

1 can Diet Pepsi

12-15 baby carrots
2 sandwiches: crunchy Skippy and raspberry preserves on wheat
1 apple
1 can Diet Pepsi
I believe the apple was either a Honeycrisp or a Jonagold. Why did I bring my lunch from home today? I don’t know. Because it gives me a slight feeling of moral superiority?

1 bottle Stella Artois
4-5 cornichons

1 dinner roll
Mini penne, Newman’s Own Tomato & Basil Bombolina, Velveeta
I’ll occasionally make pasta sauce, but usually I buy. If I’m just going sauce alone, or if I’m adding meat (esp. sausage), I like Classico Spicy Red Pepper. But with Velveeta, the Bombolina is the only way to go.

1 Maker’s Mark

1 small pyramidal segment Toblerone

2 Comments:

Blogger mdp said...

I also like Classico sauces -- I vary between cabernet marinara, mushroom, 4 cheese, and something having to do with garlic etc. A couple months ago I tried a bottled sauce which was somewhat expensive and I think was called Paesano, or something resembling the word peasant. Anyway, it was a marsala and mushroom tomato sauce which was really delicious (I put it on breaded chicken breasts with mozzarella in an amateur chicken parm thing).

8:50 AM  
Blogger Zachary said...

Schoboats, it appears you're bowing under the pressure from foodretorter.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home