Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Crazy Things What I Will Eat

Get ready to have your mind blown because I am going to try the raw/"living" food lifestyle for a few weeks. Have you heard of it? It's for people who think veganism is not crazy enough. They believe that cooking foods above 105 degrees F kills natural enzymes in foods. They eat only raw vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds. (Not even beans!) The pitch is that it gives you boundless energy and extreme mental clarity.

The other day I ate at "Taste Of The Goddess," a raw food cafe on Santa Monica. I had the "tacos" which consisted of sunflower seed cheese, tomatoes, spinach, olives, and peppitas, wrapped in a napa cabbage leaf. I ate about 1/3 before I could not eat any more. Your body is not used to this much straight fiber.

I also bought a small carob mint cookie which was so hearty that it took me three days to finish.

I will be using the Rawvolution cookbook, by Matt Amsden:


He says eating raw foods has intesified his energy and strength, which he proves by including a photo of himself holding his body up by his hands in the manner of a breakdancer.

Another thing he says is: "Animals will begin to interact with you in a different way, as they are no longer afraid that you may eat them." So there's that.

Anyway, I'm going to do this.

1 Comments:

Blogger mdp said...

As far as I can tell, these people have no reason whatsoever to believe things like "cooking foods above 105 degrees F kills natural enzymes in foods" and basically are flying in the face of all anthropology and food science.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home