Friday, September 01, 2006

August 31, 2006

Breakfast:
Smoothie containing frozen blueberries, raspberries, banana. Plus: dried goji berries, ground flax seed, spirulina powder, and hemp protein powder. This smoothie was brown.

A 1oz shot of wheatgrass from Robek's*

Lunch:
Leftover "taco" from yesterday.

Snack:
A carob quinoa bar from Erewhon. This was gross.

1 cup coffee**, black. From Insomnia cafe.

Dinner:
Zucchini Lasagne. A variation from the Rawvolution cookbook recipe. Strips of zucchini (I used green and yellow), topped with a sauce made up of: tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, garlic, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms (I used cremini), sunflower seeds, lemon juice, nama shoyu, fresh basil, and fresh oregano. This was actually quite good.

*One summer in high school I worked at a juice bar called Zuka Juice (later purchased by Jamba Juice.) For our "initiation" we were forced to drink a shot of wheatgrass, if that gives you any indication of how pleasant that substance is to drink.


**I am still figuring out the rules on what's allowed and what's not. I'm pretty sure the coffee I had was not, but some raw food restaurants offer hot coffee, so I'm letting it slide for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

are you allowing cooked/fermented grains and hops in the forms of beer and bourbon?

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home